Terms and Conditions
- Please note that our evening venues are all licensed and require participants to be over 18 years old. If you are lucky to look under 25 years old the venue may request that you provide identification and proof of age during the event.
- Filling out the registration form will log your request for an ELX pass only. You will receive a registration acknowledgement email. Please don’t make any payment at this time.
- If a place is not yet available you will be added to a waiting list. This is so we can offer places to people in the order that they have registered. We will notify you via email if you have been added to the waiting list.
- When/if a place is available you will receive an offer of place and payment request email.
- You will need to pay for your pass within a week of your offer of place email to guarantee your place. If payment is not received by this time, your booking will be cancelled and you will need to re-register which may mean that you are added to the waiting list.
- You will receive a receipt of payment and confirmation of place email when we receive your payment to say your booking has been successful. This email will constitute your ELX pass. Please use reference number on email for any further communication with us.
- ELX passes are valid for the registered named person only. If there is a waiting list bookings will not be transferable, if there is no waiting list bookings will be transferable but will require authorisation from ELX. Tickets are issued to one person, who will be issued with a wrist band when the arrive at the event.
- If registering as a lead, you are committing to lead most of your dances over the weekend. If registering as a 50:50, you are committing to helping us ensure everyone dances as much as possible by both leading and following. (Honesty here will help us ensure that everyone has the opportuity to dance as much as possible.)
- The ELX team maintains a waiting list to ensure that people are offered places in the order that they register.
- If you are no longer able to come to the event please notify us on email@example.com so that we can attempt to offer your pass to first people on the waiting list.
- If cancelling before the 1st August and we are able to find a replacement for your pass, we will provide a full refund for your ticket. In the case that there are no people on the waiting list you are welcome to find someone and notify us so we transfer the pass to them.
- Only if there is no one on the waiting list we will notify you so you can help us find someone to buy the ticket.
- For cancellations after the 1st August a £10 booking fee will be retained.
- For cancellations after the 1st of September, we are sorry but we will be unable to provide any refund.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Edinburgh Lindy Exchange is dedicated to providing a safe and enjoyable, social dance experience for everyone. Please respect your fellow dancers by following this link and adhering to our: code of conduct.